Conventional mouse control methods don’t work
It makes no sense to stick to mice treatment that has poor results
A rethink of how to get rid of mice is needed
Mouse proofing is the best response to mouse problems in the home
Need our help?
Call 0808 133 2330
The famous definition of insanity – making the same mistake again and again, and expecting different results, describes conventional mouse control perfectly.
The saying is wrongly attributed to Albert Einstein, but is still a genius way to warn pest controllers they need to stop, think, and maybe do something different to get rid of mice in the home.
Mouse baiting – it doesn’t work
That’s because conventional mouse control – using mice baiting and mouse traps – just is not working. It remains a core element of mice treatment for two reasons:
- It is what mouse control companies know how to do – and what makes them a reasonable living.
- Killing mice with poisons and traps is what customers think of first when they want to get rid of mice.
So, a conventional mice treatment, but one that is a highly inefficient way to deal with mouse infestations, is perpetuated.
Mouse control rethink
Here are 4 of the main reasons conventional mouse control needs a rethink:
- Putting down mice poison, known as rodenticide, and mouse traps, does not address the underlying reasons for mouse infestations – that they can get into your living space to forage for food.
- Most mice are now resistant to standard mouse poison, which reduces greatly its effectiveness.
- Mice have evolved to overcome threats, like poisons and traps. They learn to avoid them, and their feeding behaviour makes it difficult to track and target all mice in a building.
- Once the mice poison or trap programme is completed, even if it has had some effect, the mice population will recover.
Most mouse control experts know all this. But the standard mice treatment model is so well established, mice poison and mouse traps continue to be used within built environments.
Mouse proofing logic
So, what is the answer? Here at SUPERPROOF, our response has been to develop the UK’s most advanced mouse proofing system. The aim is to protect homes and commercial premises from the inside out.
Using our understanding of the capability and behaviour of mice, all potential mouse entry points in a property are located. They are then blocked using unique combinations of specially-selected mouse-resistant materials.
Other mouse control companies do not do this, because:
- They do not have the expertise.
- Some do not believe it can be done (but we have proved them wrong).
- It does not fit their financially-sound mice treatment model – return multiple times to put down mice bait and traps.
- They are insane (our interpretation).
Mice treatment sense
Mouse proofing, when done properly, does work. And it makes perfect sense. Stopping mice from entering living space, blocks their access to the food they need to survive.
They must either move elsewhere to survive, or they perish. Either way, the mice are gone. No poisons or traps have been used, so it is also safe for small children and pets.
If you are looking for a sane mice removal method, it cannot be bettered.
To read more about how to get rid of mice with effective mouse proofing, click here.
Here at SUPERPROOF, we are so confident of our mouse proofing service that we give domestic customers a certified guarantee that the property will be mice-free for at least 6 months.
No conventional mouse control company, relying on mice baiting and mouse traps, will offer such a guarantee. That WOULD be insane.