Once we have Superproofed a property against mice, we will issue the property owner a certificate which validates the works for 1 year from date of issue.
Much like an MOT certificate in the motor industry or a boiler safety certificate for rented properties, the idea is that the certificate confirms all possible mice entry points to a specific property have been identified, inspected & checked through the 42 point SUPERPROOF™ checklist and then blocked with appropriate mice-proof materials.
This means that once all mice proofing work is completed, using only the correct materials, SUPERPROOF guarantees that mice will no longer gain access to the internal confines of the property for the period the certificate is valid for 12 months.
The SUPERPROOF™ service does rely on some key elements that we want to highlight to you:
- We need access to all parts of your property internally. Please remove any excess clutter or household items from the edges of your rooms, so we can carry out our work effectively.
- Please remove food from cupboards in the kitchen, this gives us a clear view of the kitchen units. When we have Superproofed the kitchen, all the items can be put back in the cupboards. Our technician will advise you on the timing of this process, because we may have used products that need to be left undisturbed for a brief period to harden.
- Please ensure we can safely access all your rooms on the day of the service.
- We will be pulling forward all appliances so we can check behind them. Therefore, they need to have been installed in a way that facilitates this. There are rare occasions where a builder or appliance fitter has installed equipment that makes this much harder to do.
- We will need to move all items of furniture to check behind them, so please ensure all large freestanding wardrobes and drawer units are empty.
If you cannot carry out the actions, or we cannot gain the access we need, as detailed above, our ability to complete our inspection may be compromise, which may invalidate your guarantee.
Objectives of the Superproof mice exclusion service
Superproofing a property is about stopping mice from entering the living areas of the property. That means preventing them from getting through the internal walls, floors, fixtures and fittings to access the parts of the property occupied by humans (as these are the areas where food may be present).
For SUPERPROOF to work, these ‘living areas’ must be fully fitted out and decorated. For example, walls must be plastered or plasterboard lined, skirting boards must be in place, the room must be painted, and finished flooring in place.
Superproofing works by blocking the holes that allow mice to enter the areas where you live.
This removes the hazards of a mice infestation, as they can no longer contaminate your food and work surfaces with their urine and droppings. You will also no longer see them, and they will no longer be able to access any of the contents of your home.
In theory, mice will still be able to access wall and floor cavities and roof voids. In practice, this is unlikely to happen, as there is no food in these areas, so the mice either die or move elsewhere.
To recap: mice have been excluded from the internal confines of your dwelling. They no longer have access to food and water. The mouse infestation can no longer be sustained. This is how SUPERPROOF works, and why it is so successful.
Key aspects of the guarantee
Once Superproofing is complete, the mouse proofing becomes part of the building’s structure. Therefore, we are not able to honour the guarantee within the certified period if:
- Any of the proofing works have been disturbed or removed.
- Any new fixtures and fittings have been added and/or removed.
- Plumbed-in household appliances (including refrigerators, dishwashers, washing machines, ice makers, drinks makers) are removed or replaced. Also, in some circumstances, where other electrical appliances are removed or replaced.
- Or, the structural integrity of the property has been altered in any way.
However, please bear in mind that we pride ourselves on offering a truly fair and honourable service, and always strive to achieve 100% customer satisfaction.
We will, therefore, always be very open and communicative about any concerns you have with how your property has been Superproofed.
SUPERPROOF enjoys excellent customer feedback because we deliver a completely successful first time fix for over 90% of the properties.
If further work is needed, under the terms of the guarantee, it will be done. Our first intention is always to solve the problem, not make excuses.
Please note, our guarantee is not insurance-backed. If a customer believes we should return, under the terms of the guarantee, to do more mouse proofing work, they should notify us through our SUPERPROOF recall service.
SUPERPROOF is a Which? Trusted Trader Your rights as a consumer