Calling a 24 hour mouse removal service may not be the best way to get rid of mice in the home
Conventional ways to remove mice – mouse poison and mice traps – often don’t work
Emergency pest controllers charge a premium for emergency mouse control
The only permament mice treatment is to mouse proof your home’s living space
Need our help?
Call 0808 133 2330
If you really don’t like mice and find one in the house at 2 o’clock in the morning – what is the natural response? A lot of people think first to look up the nearest local 24 hour mouse control service and demand that they come around to remove it. NOW! RIGHT NOW! I MEAN 100% NOWWWW!!!!
It seems to make sense. This is a real mouse control emergency. Some people have very serious phobic reactions to mice. They do not want to be anywhere near the rodents. However, getting an emergency pest control company to respond as quickly as possible to mice in the house may not always be the best way to remove mice.
If the objective is to make your home permanently mice-free, and to do that as quickly as possible, the ONLY method – in our view – is mouse proofing. And that is not best done in the middle of the night.
This is especially the case if the mouse control techniques the 24 hour emergency mice control service uses are of the traditional mouse poison and mouse trap variety. Here are 6 important reasons why a 24 hour mouse control service might not be the best response:
- Conventional methods for getting rid of mice do not have lasting effects. Mice traps and mice poison may catch and kill one two mice, but they are very unlikely to remove all mice in a house. Once the trapping and poisoning cycle has been completed, the population will quickly recover.
- Mice learn to avoid hazards, so the mice that are left will be wary of poisons and traps, so they will have no effect.
- A large proportion of mice are resistant to mice poison – rodenticides. Again, a reason why trying to poison them will not work.
- Pest control companies charge more for a 24 hour mouse control service. Out of hours call out charges can be very high. So, you will be paying a premium for a service that is not likely to work.
- Many pest control companies know their emergency response will not have any immediate or long-term effect. But they offer it because they know the first to respond to a call for help can then expect a good income from putting down traps and mouse bait for weeks to come.
- Most emergency 24 hour pest control services do not address the real issue, which is this: mice have evolved to live in human homes, and the only way to get rid of them is to stop them getting into our living space.
Proofing not panic
So, what is the answer? In our view it is to do your best not to panic, and to mouse proof instead. Mouse proofing your living space effectively prevents mice getting in. Then, they are deprived of one of the three things they need to survive: food (the others are shelter and warmth).
Without food, they have to go elsewhere, or they will perish. It sounds harsh, but it is the only way you will clear a mouse infestation in your home.
Here is another important point. Mouse proofing is not a process that can be done in a rush, as an emergency response. It takes a whole day for SUPERPROOF to mouse proof an average-sized home.
Specialist training and materials
Special training is needed to spot all the potential entry points for mice into your living space. Specialist proofing materials, used in a range of combinations, along with bespoke equipment, is needed to block all the holes.
As you can see, this is not a process that can be carried out in the dead of night, with the homeowner standing on a chair in the bathroom. We are not trying to be funny. It’s just a fact.
So, the next time you see a mouse, and get the urge to take immediate action by calling a 24-hour emergency pest controller, think twice.
It will pay – financially, and in terms of the effectiveness of the final mouse control outcome – to put a call into SUPERPROOF, arrange for one of our technicians to visit in the next day or so, and mouse proof your home.
We guarantee that our mouse proofing service will leave all domestic properties mouse-free for at least 6 months. It means SUPERPROOF is the fastest way to get rid of mice. We just don’t do it at 2 o’clock in the morning.
No more mice. That must be something worth waiting (a short period of time) for.